Posted: May 17, 2011 09:26AM
Registered: 2 years ago
Land Rover Get-Together July 8, 9, 10 2011
Don’t know when the last time you got your rig running right and took off for Summer weekend getaway in the mountains, or if you feel like you haven’t seen your old Land Rover buddies in far too long, this could be the perfect weekend to convince your friends , family and loved ones to go for a road trip!
When Friday July 8th, 9th, and 10th 2011
Where Stowe VT (Vermont’s highest mountain range) Base camp Ye Olde England Inne and Mr. Pickwick's Gastropub and Steakhouse
Some of the festivities:
• Pig Roast on the Friday night starting at 6:30pm.*
• Ale Tasting Dinner Saturday night starting at 6:30 at Ye Olde England Inne featuring 'Brewed Gems from the Scottish Highlands'**
• Free fly fishing Casting Clinic on Saturday between 9:AM and 10:30 AM. The Hardy Company from England will be there valuing Hardy rods and reels at no cost to the owners. Plus of course they will be happy to sell all sorts of neat stuff. Registration for the Free Clinic is required 802 253 3964
• Special Land Rover owners 20% discount off lodging rates. ***
• Camp out campgrounds in Stowe at Nichols Lodge 802 253 2929
• There is a chance (if there is interest by both participants and judges) that we may have a gymkana or Trials obstacle course set up behind the Ye Olde England Inne. And we are searching out some class four roads for those looking for trail ride or green laning.
• Need something more than gravitational pull of the Birmabright brotherhood? The entire family will love the Balloon festival, this festive event is the perfect family affair. Kids and adults alike enjoy the brightly colored hot air balloons as well as the fireworks, live entertainment and tasty carnival type foods served by a multitude of vendors. Pony rides provide additional fun for the kids as do spa treatments and chair massages for adults. Tethered flights on these unique conveyances are available for a small per person fee. Flights will go out on Fri July 8th night, Saturday Am and PM and Sunday AM. You can also choose to book an untethered flight.
• There may also be the possibilities of Land Rover Chase Crews (for those interested in a little fox and hound) to follow the balloons on their travels and help retrieve them and their occupants.
• Need more activities? There is The Spa and Wellness Center, Kid-Spa, golf, tennis, hiking, biking, gondola rides, the Alpine Slide with an exhilarating 2,300 ft ride down Spruce Peak Fun & excitement for all ages! An auto toll road up the mountain, bungee trampolines, climbing wall, paddling, fishing and exploring the highest of Vermont’s Green Mountains.
Stowe also has some of New England's most distinctive restaurants . From the historic Cliff House high atop Mt. Mansfield's summit ridge to Solstice restaurant located in Stowe Mountain Lodge at the base of Spruce Peak, and for those longing for the taste of the motherland there’s Mr. Pickwick's Gastropub and Steakhouse located at the Ye Olde England Inne, Stowe has many award winning places to dine.
• And of course The Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory and Grave Yard (for flavors that did not make it) is just down the street.
• If your better half has shopping on their agenda, there are over 50 unique stores competing for your attention in Stowe's charming village and along the Mountain Road . Stowe is home to the regions finest, nationally recognized crafts, art galleries, jewelry , award winning Vermont specialty foods , clothing , outdoor gear, antiques and more.
*Pig Roast on Friday night $35 per person (alcohol not included).
**The Ale Tasting Dinner is at 6:30PM Saturday night The meal starts off with Hors Doeuvres followed by a four course meal each course is paired with rare ales. The cost is $59 per person plus tax and service. There is a limit of 40 guests so reservations are mandatory (these ale tasting dinners are very popular and absolutely FUN!)
*** Land Rover owners 20% discount off lodging rates. Just call and identify yourself as part of the Land Rover Group at 802.253.7558. There is a minimum two night stay over weekends.
Camping is available in Stowe at Nichols campground 802 253 2929
It is important to note that the Vermont Department of Liquor Control is very vigilant and will suspend the Liquor License if for any reason they find any alcohol being consumed on the property that is not purchased from that property license. During the Summer months Inspectors are very active,( more than they have ever been before, driven by the opportunity to increase their revenues from fines. (Kinda like the new “quotas” for speeding tickets etc.).
(It is important that we get a good headcount so we have enough parking and camping food etc. for everyone.)
Contact info, reservations, or general info:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct desk phone is 802.253. 5320 Ye Olde England Inne
433 Mountain Rd. Stowe, VT 05672
802-253-7558 fax: 802-253-8944
Thanks in advance